Just Add Ink #497 - Sketch Challenge

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #497


Happy Friday! Today I have for you the latest Just Add Ink challenge - a sketch challenge by Kim!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #497


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #497


I always love a good sketch challenge and this one fits right in with my plans for my daughter's 16th birthday and the idea I have for her card!

So I finally got my hands on the 'Happy Birthday To You' Sale-A-Bration set, the main cake image is not as big as I imagined but still perfect for my intended purpose.

The cake image itself is beautiful to watercolour, difficult to make out a little in the white embossing but having good lighting helps. I always work from lightest shade (more water in the mix) to darkest (less watery, much more ink) and allowing one shade to dry before applying the next darkest stops the shades from blending together. The flowers on the cake are Blueberry Bushel and the main cake is Seaside Spray.

I cut layers of Blueberry Bushel and Whisper White for my background and repeatedly stamped the 'Happy Birthday' from the same set over in both Seaside Spray and Blueberry Bushel. Once it was dry I flicked a bit of watered down Silvery Shimmer Delicata Refill over the Whisper White layer with my Aqua Painter. Sadly I think most of it ended up under the cake image though! To fit the sketch I layered the cake onto a vellum die cut and then added the large numbers cut in some gorgeous Noble Peacock foil. The Seaside Spray metallic ribbon was my finishing touch.

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #497 Sweet 16th Birthday using Happy Birthday to You Sale-A-Bration stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #497 Sweet 16th Birthday using Happy Birthday to You Sale-A-Bration stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Well thanks so much for visiting and I hope you enjoyed my project! As always stop by the Just Add Ink blog to see all the other Design Team inspiration and hopefully you'll join in our challenge.

Product List

1 comment

  1. Hey Jo, I really love the pretty blue on this card - the foil numbers are great. Such a pretty card that I know your daughter will love. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete