Just Add Ink #486 - Inspiration Challenge

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #486


Happy Friday! Today I have my last Just Add Ink challenge for the year and this week we have an inspiration picture from Rachael!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #486


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #486


It's a lovely Christmassy inspiration picture with all the traditional colours! My Christmas cards are not usually traditional so this card really turned out to be not so easy!

I decided to take my inspiration not only from the colours in the picture but mainly that big beautiful spray of flowers in the background. I chose some stamp sets (some retired) to put my spray together, First Frost, Painted Seasons and the red 'berries' are from Sunburst Sayings. I cut a stitched die the same as the one I've used but in scrap paper and lay that where the Cherry Cobbler one is in the finished card and stamped all the leaves and branches over it, kind of like a mask. I didn't really need the mask effect but I used it so my leaves etc would not come out the other side of the stitched shape.

I layered some ribbon and my Cherry Cobbler die piece on top and finished it with the 'Merry' die cut from the Merry Christmas dies. For not loving traditional cards I'm not too unhappy with how this one turned out!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #486 using First Frost and Merry Christmas to All bundle by Stampin' Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #486 using First Frost and Merry Christmas to All bundle by Stampin' Up!


There is one more Just Add Ink challenge next week before the team takes a break over Christmas and the New Year (this year has gone so fast I just can't believe it!) so remember to check the Just Add Ink blog again next week. Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!

Product List

1 comment

  1. Beautiful card! You should be more than "not unhappy" with it! I've never thought of using a mask when stamping in that pattern and so I always end up stamping the flowers in the wrong place so they don't show. Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete