Just Add Ink #431 - Sketch Challenge

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #431


Another Friday has rolled around so we have a new Just Add Ink Challenge today! This week we have a sketch challenge suggested by Tina!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #431


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #431


Sketch challenges are probably my favourite because they allow a lot more choice and interpretation and this one is such a fab sketch!

I chose to use the new (to me anyway!) Healing Hugs stamp set for my card. I have done a few with this set lately but unfortunately I'm not comfortable sharing those personal cards here. Anywho, this one is quite a bit brighter in spirit so quite happy to share this one!

I've found that with the photorealistic stamps I end up with a much better result if I stamp them using the Stamparatus. Usually the ink is applied better and the result is much more even and as it should be. So with that in mind I stamped my flower in Flirty Flamingo and after stamping I used a dauber to apply the Frost White Shimmer Paint to the stamp and stamp again, still using the stamp on the Stamparatus. I repeated this process with the leaves but used a base of Granny Apple Green ink with Shaded Spruce daubered around the edges, then Frost White Shimmer on top of that. When you look at the stamped image directly you can hardly see the shimmer but add light and the effect is quite beautiful.

So, keeping with the sketch, I layered my flower with the leaves and some vellum sprigs and popped that up off the ribbon and Flirty Flamingo strip. To finish I lightly daubered some more Frost White Shimmer on the card background and added my sequins.

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #431 using Healing Hugs stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #431 using Healing Hugs stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful Design Team projects by stopping over at the Just Add Ink blog!

Product List

No comments