Just Add Ink #409 - Eclipse Technique

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink #409


This week at Just Add Ink we've been challenged by Rachael to try out the Eclipse Technique!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink #409


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink #409


I've never tried this technique before but had seen some very nice examples using the Large Letters Framelits. I wanted to step away from those and try something a little different so I had a go with the large butterfly die.

I used Soft Sea Foam, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay inks to create my watercolour background on watercolour paper. After this dried I cut my butterfly trying to get it right in the middle. I also cut a vellum butterfly to layer on top. After sticking the butterflies together I used some small pieces of the adhesive strips to set it up off the background layer.

To finish off the card I used some gold glimmer paper, a small piece of retired DSP and a small sentiment cut with the Classic Label Punch. Some washi tape along the bottom of the watercolour paper was my last addition. In person it looks really nice but due to Sydney's not so great weather I haven't been able to get a great photo so please forgive me.

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink #409 using Butterflies Thinlits Dies by Stampin Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink #409 using Butterflies Thinlits Dies by Stampin Up!


Product List

3 comments

  1. Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!! I can't love this enough. Fablulous colouor combo, love the statement of the butterfly and the watercolour wash background and the gold glimmer paper really add that extra element to the card! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gorgeous butterfly is such a stunner & perfect for eclipsing. Love the soft, dreamy feel the card has.
    Hugs, D :)

    ReplyDelete