Just Add Ink #384 - Inspiration Challenge

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #384


This week at Just Add Ink we've been asked by Jan to get inspired by this fab pic!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #384


So, funny story, I actually made three cards to submit to the team for this challenge! Obviously the first two didn't really make the cut for various reasons, the first card being too plain and the second I actually spent about an hour with my new Stampin' Blends colouring in some of our black and white DSP only to stick the wrong side down to the card - not happy Jan (no relation to the Jan inspiring this challenge)! So this is my third attempt! Do I show you the other two? Hmm maybe down the track...

So after spending all that time on two other cards I wanted to spend minimal time throwing a third card together but I couldn't help myself and had to have some form of colouring! I ended up stamping in Daffodil Delight on full flower from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set and then the top layer I used my markers to colour a second layer in Pool Party and Bermuda Bay. I used die cuts from the matching framelits behind the flower and placed in on top of my ribbons and the embossed background. In the end this probably took me about 40 minutes with lunch in the middle somewhere, so actually nice and quick and easy!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #384 using Flourishing Phrases stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #384 using Flourishing Phrases stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Don't forget to pop on over to Just Add Ink and check out the rest of the wonderful projects by the Design Team!

Product List

4 comments

  1. Wow - great card! I love the tonal effect on the top flower, and all of your layers are so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jo! I love the shading touches you've added to your flower and the embossed leaves add a lovely soft texture too. Gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card Jo. I love the textures and layers. Your coloured DSP sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 40 minutes! Now that's just showing off ;). I love your little flower & sentiment cluster. It works so well with the leafy embossed background. Great texture too. I think you should share number 2. No-one will notice.
    D :)

    ReplyDelete