Just Add Ink #586 - Summer Blog Hop

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #586


G'day and welcome to our first Just Add Ink challenge of 2022! As always our first challenge of the year is an ALL-TEAM Blog Hop! So, you may be starting here or have come from the always amazing Di's blog, but settle in and follow the hop, you won't be disappointed!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #586


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #586


This is such a fun picture and inspiration! So many bright colours and while I'm not the most avid fan of summer (I hate heat) the one thing that Aussie's love to do in summer is SWIM!

For my card I've used the delightfully cute new stamp set Awesome Otters since they appear to be swimming! My starting point was a Stitched Rectangle of Basic White which I haphazardardly coloured with Pool Party Blends. I layered this between a layer of Pool Party and a Basic White Stitched Rectangle which I die cut with the Picture This dies (reminded me of bubbles). I stamped, coloured and fussy-cut my cute little otters and lay them as though they were both swimming. My card base is Crumb Cake and I used a stamped sentiment from Artistically Inked embossed on Basic Black, new Polished Dots and some old retired twine to finish off the card.

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #586 using Awesome Otters stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #586 using Awesome Otters stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Well I hope you like my project, I hope to be much more active this year after a dreadful 2021! Click the 'Next' button to be taken to the very talented Fiona's blog or head back to the JAI blog for your next jumping off point!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #586








 

 

Product List

8 comments

  1. Your otters are just too cute! Love the 'bubble' circles too on your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card Jo, I love it! - Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your interpretation of the challenge Jo and those otters are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Jo! I just want to tickle their little bellies. Love this. Here's to 2022 being a much kinder year to us! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, so cute! Love these little guys~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This so soft and pretty Jo and I think those dies should be called the bubbles dies now! Love the soft colouring of the background and those sweet little relaxed otters. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a very cute card with otters, the best part of the card is the background with circles. It's a simple solution with a big effect on whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, Jo, I love the peep through holes showing the sparkling water underneath.

    ReplyDelete