Just Add Ink #533 - Just Add 'S'

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #533


Happy Friday everyone and welcome to another Just Add Ink challenge! This week we have a letter challenge for you!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #533


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #533


Letter challenges are quite good and fun because you have a lot of freedom to be creative. Unfortunately my 'S' for this week's challenge came out of necessity rather than choice as I was in need of a sympathy card.

My card started with a piece of Fluid 100 watercolour paper, my Stamparatus and the Prized Peony stamp set. I wanted to give the Peony a lovely soft look which would go well with my feelings. With my stamp on the Stamparatus I inked up the flowers in two colours, Seaside Spray and Soft Sea Foam and stamped it. Without moving it I dried it with my heat gun and inked up the stamp again in the same way. This time before stamping I spritzed the stamp with water. The end result was this watercolur look. I used some Misty Moonlight and Old Olive to them just add some depth, not much but just enough. After letting that dry I then added some light Seaside Spray around the flower.

I then cut the image out with the Stitched Rectangle dies and matted it over a slightly bigger Seaside Spray layer and adding the ribbon before adhering it to the Misty Moonlight base.

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #533 - Sympathy watercolour card using Prized Peony stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #533 - Sympathy watercolour card using Prized Peony stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Be sure to check out all the other 'S' creations over on the Just Add Ink blog!

Thanks for stopping by!



Product List

No comments