Just Add Ink #507 - Sketch Challenge

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #507


Happy Friday! Our last Just Add Ink challenge for May starts today and this week we have a sketch challenge by Jackie!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #507

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #507
I love a good sketch challenge, they give you a chance to let your imagination run wild! For my card this week I cracked open the To A Wild Rose stamp set.

As you know I love a good watercolour image and this week I went with something totally different and used yellow! I can't remember the last yellow (Daffodil Delight) card that I made!

Anywho, my card is pretty basic. Using a Daffodil Delight base I layered it with some retiring Daffodil Delight DSP to fit the  sketch. My wonderful flower probably took the longest to do. The first colour I used on the flower was So Saffron, very lightly, quite watery, then using Daffodil Delight I slowly made my shade darker, working up to a little bit of Mango Melody to add shading on the petals.

I used the matching dies to cut some simple leaves in Garden Green and Granny Apple Green and, along with some ribbon and sequin trim, layered them under the flower. I finished the card off with the simple 'Thank You' sentiment from the stamp set.

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #507 using To A Wild Rose bundle from Stampin' Up!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #507 using To A Wild Rose bundle from Stampin' Up!

Thank you so much for stopping by. I do hope you find the time to join in our challenge this week!

Product List

No comments