Just Add Ink #503 - Choose Two Challenge

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #503


Finally I am back with a new Just Add Ink challenge for you. This week we have a 'Choose Two' challenge suggested by Nikki!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #503


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #503


This one, while I was struggling for time, thankfully came together pretty quickly. I chose pencils as one of my two and I think that is what took me the longest - the colouring in!

I used the sweet new Ornate Garden stamp set to make some beautiful blooms for a birthday card. I stepped totally out of my comfort zone and made my main colour GREEN!! The base is Garden Green cardstock with a layer of Whisper White and another of Granny Apple Green DSP. The flowers are coloured in with Flirty Flamingo/Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight/Crushed Curry and Granny Apple Green/Garden Green watercolor pencils from both of the watercolor pencil assortments.

I stamped the outline in Memento and started with the lighter shades, and same as I do with watercolouring, made my way gradually darker making shadows and highlights. After cutting the flowers out I layered them on top of some Vellum die cut using the Ornate Layers dies. I coloured some rhinestones with the dark Shaded Spruce Stampin' Blends marker and added some Whisper White ribbon to finish.

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #503 using Ornate Garden stamp set and Ornate Layers dies by Stampin' Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #503 using Ornate Garden stamp set and Ornate Layers dies by Stampin' Up!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to take our challenge this week!

Product List

No comments