Just Add Ink #499 - Colour Challenge

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #499


Happy Friday and welcome to our latest Just Add Ink Challenge! This week we have a colour challenge for you suggested by Rachael!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #499


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #499


This colour challenge is fairly similar to one we did towards the end of last year, it's just missing Smoky Slate! For that challenge I did this odd-coloured Christmas card and this time I wanted to do something completely different!

This card is very simple to make and not many supplies were used to make it. I tried the Scrappy Strip technique that is going around at the moment and it really is very simple! I started by cutting a stitched rectangle for the size I wanted my layer to be. It's then as easy as cutting not-straight strips and layering them on top of the stitched rectangle. Once they are all glued down (I used Tombow so I had a bit of wiggle room)you simply trim off the excess around the stitched rectangle and you have your layer!

To keep it simple I simply layered some twine, a Stitched Nested die cut (which I embossed with the Corrugated 3D embossing folder) and another die cut from the Broadway Lights dies. To add a bit of sparkle I added Wink of Stella to the 'Wish' die cut and some metallic pearls. The end result is really so not my style but I think it looks pretty neat.

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #499 using Scrappy Strip technique and Broadway Lights dies by Stampin' Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #499 using Scrappy Strip technique and Broadway Lights dies by Stampin' Up!


This technique was interesting to try. If you'd like to give it a go search up the technique on Kylie Bertucci's YouTube channel.

Thank you for stopping by. Please also visit the Just Add Ink blog and all the other Design Team members to see their fabulous creations!

Product List

No comments