Just Add Ink #484 - Colour Challenge

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #484


We're hitting the home stretch with our Just Add Ink challenges for this year! Today we have a new challenge for you, a lovely colour challenge suggested by Rachael.

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #484


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #484


I desperately needed to start my Christmas cards and since I love challenging myself with non-traditional colours I thought I'd give this one a real go!

I started with my base of Blushing Bride and using Versamark I stamped snowflakes directly onto the base. Next came the strips of DSP and glimmer paper just to set the base off. Then came the tricky bit, incorporating the 4 challenge colours! I chose to keep the card soft and after embossing the tree onto watercolour paper I used my aqua pens to apply some colour to each tree. Having still no idea how I was going to add in Smoky Slate I decided to repeatedly stamp the stitched circle with it, all stamped off at least once.

I popped the trees onto the stitched circle with the middle being popped up on dimensionals. The 'merry' die cut is cut in Blushing Bride and using my finger I applied some of the Rose shimmer mist that came with the Everything is Rosy Medley (now on the Clearance Rack for 15% off). I finished the card with some retired Blushing Bride enamel shapes and some whisper white ribbon.

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #484 using Perfectly Plaid bundle and Merry Christmas to All stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #484 using Perfectly Plaid bundle and Merry Christmas to All stamp set by Stampin' Up!


There you have it, non-traditional Christmas! Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see your entry in our challenge. Don't forget to stop by the Just Add Ink blog to see all the other Design Team inspiration!

Product List

No comments