Just Add Ink #470 - No Stamping Challenge

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #470


Welcome to another challenge for Just Add Ink! This week I challenged the team to create a project with 'No Stamping'!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #470


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #470


This challenge turned out harder than I imagined and I thought it would be pretty easy! No stamping backgrounds, no stamping for colouring, it was harder than I thought to actually not stamp a thing!

So I think I pulled out everything in the book but stamping for this one. I used DSP, die cuts, embossing folders, embossing paste, spritzing, fancy foils... at least I had fun and got to use some techniques I hadn't done in a while!

My project started off with the cake, I'd wanted to try this out for ages! I die cut the cake shape from the retired Sweet Cake framelits and with some embossing paste tinted with Flirty Flamingo I tried to 'ice' the cake with it. when it was dry I used my finger to lightly apply some of the Frost White Shimmer Paint to give it a bit of sparkle. It turned out better than I thought for a first try.

Once the cake was finished I started on the rest of my card. Unable to stamp a background onto the card base I went with the Detailed Laser Cut DSP. I mixed up some Bermuda Bay refill into a spritzer with some rubbing alcohol and unevenly applied it to get a bit of interest to it. Once that was dry I spritzed over the top with some more Frost White Shimmer Paint, also mixed with rubbing alcohol. From there I layered different papers and textures to get a bit of variety, and of course lovely Bermuda Bay ribbon. The die cut words are from the Well Written framelits and cut from some lovely Champagne Foil.

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #470 No Stamping Challenge using Well Written framelits, Sweet Cake framelits and Detailed Laser Cut Paper by Stampin' Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #470 No Stamping Challenge using Well Written framelits, Sweet Cake framelits and Detailed Laser Cut Paper by Stampin' Up!


I do hope you try out this challenge, it's definitely harder than you think! Also, don't forget to stop by the Just Add Ink blog to check out all the other DT inspiration, some really lovely projects this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Product List

No comments