Just Add Ink #460 - Emboss Resist Challenge

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #460


Welcome back and happy Friday! We've got a great challenge for you this week at Just Add Ink - we've been asked by Lou to do the Emboss Resist technique!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #460


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #460


Most of the time the Emboss Resist technique is done with ink pads and sponge daubers over white embossing but I decided to try something new with watercolouring!

I started by stamping my gorgeous large magnolia stamp in Versamark on Watercolor Paper and, as I would normally, then embossed it using white embossing powder. I then cut the large rectangle of watercolor paper using my new Rectangle Stitched Dies. Once cut I spritzed the watercolor paper until it was quite wet and using my aqua painter and ink pads I just dropped some colour in to the water and let it run. I used a lot of water at first so the colour would spread more and then as I wanted a darker tone I used less water and made the paper drier so it wouldn't run as far. After using this technique I wiped the colour off the embossing and gently went around the flower image with some Pool Party ink just to make the flower pop a little more. I simple sentiment was used to finish it off as I didn't want to add bling to this kind of card. The Magnolia Lane suite is really a stunning range of products and am so glad to have got them!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #460 using Good Morning Magnolia stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Jo's Stamping Spot - Just Add Ink Challenge #460 using Good Morning Magnolia stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Remember to stop on by the Just Add Ink blog and see the other inspiration and entries and thanks for stopping by.

Product List

1 comment

  1. Jo - Your card is gorgeous! I definitely have to try my hand on this. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete