Goodbye 2017 - My Crafty Year In Review

Jo's Stamping Spot - Goodbye 2017


Something I started last year was a post at the end of the year reviewing what I thought were my top picks of creations I had made for the year. I wanted to continue that this year because I love to look back and see how far I've come creatively.

After only starting my blog in April 2015 I have definitely grown and had a lot more to choose from for this years final picks. Some were easy to choose and some I am sad have been left out. Do you agree with my choices? Is there a particular one you thought I should of included? Well, here we go (in no particular order)... Click the pictures (except number 1) to be taken to that particular blog post.


1. Christmas Carton

Looking back I realized I never actually made this creation into a blog post! I am part of Di Barnes' Diamond Stampers team and for our team meeting in July we had to bring a Christmas project to inspire other team members. Well this was mine - and it was so easy! I used my score board to score 4 equal sides and then rotating the cardstock you simply score from both the bottom and the top whatever you made the width of the sides. It really couldn't be more simple! It turned into a nice size carton, perfect for some yummy Lindt balls! Happy to do further instructions on this, leave me a comment below if you'd like some.

Jo's Stamping Spot - Goodbye 2017 - Christmas Carton


2. CASEing the Catty

There are a few challenge groups that I try to participate in and one of those is a Facebook challenge group called CASEing the Catty. This particular challenge was to case a card shown in the Birthday section of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalogue. The card I chose was pictured on page 70 using the Birthday Blooms set, one of my favourites! I can't remember how I went in this challenge but I loved the striking effect of the new copper embossing powder and apparently so did you guys because it is still one of my most viewed blog posts!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Goodbye 2017 - CASEing the Catty


3. Daisy Delight

I can't post my top projects this year and not include one from one of the most popular bundles ever - Daisy Delight! This year I was honoured to be asked to join the Design Team at Just Add Ink and this was one of my first cards I did as part of the design team. It was also one of the first cards I created using the new embossing paste! I really love this card, so much so I haven't been able to give it away!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Goodbye 2017 - Daisy Delight


4. Pop-Up Thank You

Before joining the Design Team at Just Add Ink I created this 3D pop-up card for Just Add Ink Challenge #343. It uses the now-retired A Little Foxy DSP Stack and the Jar of Love bundle. I had only ever made one of these before in a class and had to try to convert measurements over to metric as I'd given the card away. It worked on the second try and turned into the pop-up slider on the front and a regular card inside so it can be displayed either way. More photos in the card's blog post...

Jo's Stamping Spot - Goodbye 2017 - Pop-Up Thank You


5. More Birthday Blooms for Global Design Project

I chose this one because honestly I just love it! The colours are so not me but this was for a colour challenge run by the Global Design Project. The watercoloured Birthday Blooms (OMG, didn't I tell you I loved this set!) is just perfect against the wood background of the Wood Textures DSP Stack and the tiny gold embellishments just top it off. I don't think I could ever give this one away as I'd never be able to replicate it. I'm pleased to say it was also chosen as one of the winners of the GDP challenge!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Goodbye 2017 - More Birthday Blooms


6. A new fave - Champagne Foil!

This card is the most recent of the bunch, only done a couple of weeks ago for another Just Add Ink challenge. But, oh my, the effect of the champagne foil with the soft pinks and natural browns coupled with some of our old Champagne Mist, just stunning! I am so thankful that this lovely champagne foil is carrying over and I'd be even happier if they were to introduce some champagne embossing powder to go with it, heaven! Again, there are more photos in the card's blog post so you can get a real view of the stunning foil and champagne mist!

Jo's Stamping Spot - Goodbye 2017 - Champagne Foil


Well, that's it! I hope you've enjoyed my trip down my 2017 highway as much as I did! I've had an amazingly creative year, a highlight being asked to join the Just Add Ink team with some extremely talented ladies! I hope you've also had a very creative 2017 and I look forward to creating more in the new year! Best wishes to you all...

No comments