Just Add Ink #376 - Just Add 'D"



I have a new card for you today for the latest Just Add Ink Challenge #376 - my last as a Guest Designer! Thankfully though I'm pleased to say that they have asked me, and all the other current, wonderful guest designers, to stay on the Design Team permanently! I'm so excited as they are such a friendly and talented group of ladies! Anyways, for this week's challenge we were asked to Just Add 'D' and of course there were many possibilities!



I can think of a lot of things that I could have used for this challenge - diamonds, dragonflies, die cuts, Dapper Denim, decorative masks, dogs, dots, Daffodil Delight - the list goes on! Anyway, I chose the ever-wonderful Daisy Delight and a die cut sentiment, the Happy Birthday Thinlit.

I made this around the same time as my challenge card for Just Add Ink #374 and you may notice some similarities such as the watercolour background and a big bright daisy. I did want this card a little different so I tried a new colour combination that I hadn't used and I tried to take it a little out of my comfort zone. I used Pool Party and Island Indigo inks to created my smooshed watercolour background and when that had dried I stamped the daisy over the top in both stamped-off and full strength Pool Party. I also added some spots and embossed them in silver using the small spotty stamp from Birthday Blooms to add another layer of texture. For my daisy I embossed white onto watercolour paper and after punching it out added some Berry Burst colour using an Aqua Painter and then some more spots inside the middle of the daisy. The card is finished off with some silver ribbon and a big bold die cut of the Happy Birthday thinlit in Berry Burst.





Don't forget to stop by the Just Add Ink blog and see the other incredible creations made by the Design Team and I hope you make time to enter your own!

Product List

9 comments

  1. Gorgeous card, Jo. Such a stunning background, the heat embossed silver dots are a lovely addition. Love the heat embossed and water coloured Daisy - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing watercolouring Jo - I'm going to try this, what a gorgeous effect! Your daisy reminds me of a lollipop! Love it! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the white embossing Jo, such a great effect on the Daisy and that lovely soft background highlights its beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a vibrant, striking card Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a happy colour combination Jo! Love the subtle stamping of daisies on the base layer, it adds so much depth over the smooched background. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. TotLly gorgeous card Jo! Your background is stunning with all its pretty layers of ink and texture and it highlights your beautiful daisy and bold sentiment so perfectly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card Jo. Your background is gorgeous with the watercolour wash and the stamping. The bright pop of the daisy and the 'Happy Birthday' just give and added layer of gorgeous colour and prettiness to your card. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous Jo! I adore that background you've created (I'm too lazy to be that creative!) and I am loving all the details to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this card, Jo. The colours are divine together, the background is fabulous, and the daisy & birthday die cut are so bold & fun. Even lovelier IRL. Glad you'll be staying on the team.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete