OnStage 2017 - Sydney Display Stamper Samples



At the end of January I was lucky enough to have been chosen as a Display Stamper for OnStage Sydney that was held on 8th April at Luna Park. This was only my second ever time attending an OnStage event, the last was April 2016, also in Sydney, and it's my very first time as a Display Stamper! Thank goodness I can now share, it's been the longest ever two months and I couldn't discuss any of this gorgeous stuff with anyone! Anyway, I can finally reveal what I was sent and what I made for my samples! We were asked to complete 15 projects but I went a little over and made 17.

One of the items I was lucky enough to receive was this gorgeous Specialty Designer Series Paper called Foil Frenzy. The colours are Berry Burst (New In Color 2017-2019), Soft Sky, Lemon Lime Twist (another new In Color 2017-2019) and Tangerine Tango.



I've used the Foil Frenzy Specialty DSP here with Kraft Cardstock, Butterfly Thinlits, May Flowers Thinlits, the new Stitched Shapes Framelits, the Hello You Thinlits, various ribbons and matching cardstock colours. I really love the shimmer of this DSP and the designs add stunning texture!

Another item I was lucky to get was a gorgeous stamp set called Quirky Critters! I was really happy to receive this set because it makes a nice colouring set and I love to colour! Isn't the sloth just the most adorable critter!




I kept these projects to the same colours so I could use more of that wonderful DSP and I watercoloured the images in matching shades. The backgrounds for all but the Soft Sky card were done using our new Glossy White Cardstock with various techniques. The Berry Burst  and Lemon Lime Twist backgrounds were done by ironing embossed wax paper onto the cardstock and then sponging colour over it. I believe it's a technique called Wax Paper Resist and something I had never done before. The Tangerine Tango background was simply Versamark resist. I brayered Versamark onto our Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder and simply pressed it onto the Glossy Cardstock. Once it was dry I sponged Tangerine Tango ink over the cardstock. For my Soft Sky version I actually ran out of the Glossy cardstock and simply did a watercolour background using Dapper Denim and Soft Sky inks.

New In Colors! Although it's sad to say goodbye to our old colours this is one of the things I was most looking forward to and I didn't get disappointed! Take a look at the yummy new colours!




The first sample in this set is a card featuring all five of the new In Colors for 2017-2019. From left to right there is Berry Burst, Powder Pink, Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide and Fresh Fig. I wanted to do a simple project like this to show all the gorgeous colours together.

The other three samples are all using some of the In Colors in various ways.  The Tranquil Tide cardfront uses the awesome new Happy Birthday Thinlit and I've paired it up with Crumb Cake, the Layering Circles Framelits, some vellum and one of the new Bitty Bows (which comes in the new In Colors).

The Berry Burst balloon cardfront was paired with Melon Mambo, more Bitty Bows in Powder Pink and Berry Burst, a new washi tape release called Basics Pack 1 which features a range of pinks and some enamel shapes.

The third cardfront is Fresh Fig and features the always-cute Baby Bear stamp set. I paired the Fresh Fig with Sweet Sugarplum and watercoloured the raised stars from the embossed background in Powder Pink and Sweet Sugarplum. I further added the Fresh Fig die-cut sentiment from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlit set, matching Fresh Fig Bitty Bow and some Sweet Sugarplum enamel shapes.

There are also some really nice ribbon releases coming and I've used some I was set in these samples.


 

The first cardfront in this set features the Glossy Cardstock, stamped in Versamark butterflies. To do this I die cut the small butterfly from the Bold Butterfly Framelits using some kids craft foam and mounted it on my clear blocks with some Tombow. Once it was dry I used a sponge brayer to create an ombre background with Dapper Denim, Island Indigo and Pool Party. This cardfront uses the new Island Indigo Ombre Ribbon.

The second cardfront is Crumb Cake, Calyspo Coral and Peekaboo Peach. It uses several new products such as the Happy Birthday Thinlit, Calypso Coral Ombre Ribbon, the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch and the Touches of Nature wooden elements.

The last cardfront is mostly carryover product but features a Fresh Fig base and new Crushed Curry Solid Baker's Twine.

My last set of samples features another stamp set I was sent, a hostess set called Dare To Dream.


Both of these projects are Dapper Denim and Soft Sky based but I also added some Peekaboo Peach to the second one. They also both feature more new ribbon, the first one being Classic Weave Soft Sky and the second is the Sheer 3/8" Sheer Whisper White ribbon. I have used the Sheer Whisper White Ribbon  throughout my earlier samples as white and also coloured with reinkers in the very first two, Berry Burst and Tangerine Tango butterfly cards.

Well that's about all I have to share of my samples. I hope those that attended OnStage in Sydney enjoyed them, I hope my blog visitors enjoy them and that I did a decent job with the product I was given.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments

  1. You've done yourself proud, Jo Jo. These are all so beautiful & show fabulous techniques. Loved reading how you made them all too.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're cards are gorgeous !! Thanks

    ReplyDelete