Cheshire Cat Tutorial



I received a lot of interest for the card I posted a little while ago featuring the Cheshire Cat so I'm posting here the steps on how to put him together.

Step 1
I punched one complete set of the Foxy Builder punch each in Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo. I also cut out one extra mouth piece in Whisper White, a tail tip in Pink Pirouette and I used the Owl Builder Punch to punch two little feet only in Pink Pirouette. You can see the parts I kept from each colour in the picture.

Step 2
With the extra Whisper White mouth I put it partially back into the punch to trim it back down to a crescent shape.

Step 3
With the Smoky Slate marker I marked teeth onto the the Whisper White piece.

Step 4
I then trimmed down the side of each mouth corner to make the mouth fit more the the face.

Step 5
I used one of the balloon shapes from the Up, Up and Away Stamp Set (upside down) to stamp the stripes onto the body of the cat in Rich Razzleberry.


Step 6
I then stamped the tail piece in Rich Razzleberry using the striped tail stamp from Foxy Friends.

Step 7
Once the Rich Razzleberry was dry on the tail I then glued the pink tail tip onto the tail.

Step 8
I finished up the face next putting the pieces together. I used the larger side hole on my Crop-A-Dile to cut two small circles for the eyes out of Crushed Curry cardstock. Using the Basic Black marker I then drew on the eyebrows, nostrils and pupils of the eyes.

Step 9
Once the head was all stuck and dry I could then glue the head and tail onto the body. I then glued the two little feet I had punched from the Owl Builder to the body and lightly drew on some claws in the Basic Black marker.

And there you have it, one little Cheshire Cat!


Product List

No comments